I am still struggling a bit with the new blog software. There is a lot to learn to provide a nice looking, easy to read, and easy to operate blog. Nevertheless, I am glad to get this up and running. I will tell you that it was most definitely NOT my choice to change. Indeed, it was a bit of a blow to my time space continuum management plans. 😀 But I do appreciate the fact that GoDaddy gave me adequate warning and have been very helpful in getting this done so far. Truly, I understand the need sometimes for a company to make some changes to improve their bottom line, but when they do, I just hope it doesn’t impact mine. 🙂
I have decided that beginning next week I will bring in one of my older posts from the other blog every Thursday for a while. It has taken me some effort to archive it all, including the pictures. In the process of archiving everything, I found several series on making specific quilts and a few independent posts that I think may be kind of fun for our throwback Thursday “From the Archive” posts. If you remember a specific post you liked to reference and have a request, please let me know and I will post it.
Sew let us begin anew. Actually it feels kind of nice to have a bold new start. If you have any requests for topics to cover, suggested ideas for this new blog, or other comments toward improvement, please add a comment. I read all the comments I get and try to answer them in a timely fashion
Coincidentally…or perhaps not…I have also restarted my little Jacobean-like folkish birds-in-a-tree silk quilt. I was unhappy with the silk dupioni I was originally using and so I have changed to a lovely darker red dupioni that my test indicates will not run or fade and is soooo much prettier. As soon as I get this up and running I am going to re-embroider the central big vine and leaves in black, and rework the thin vines with bobbin work using number 8 perle cotton.
Sew happy everyone! Let the fun begin on this new playground!