Hooray! I finished Canterbury Knight. Oh, I still have to put the label on, but otherwise it is complete. This quilt is far from perfect, and yet it has absorbed so much of my time and efforts that I have sadly neglected my blogging, my house cleaning, and a few other things. And to top it all off, when I completed the squaring up and binding, it ended up too small for American Quilter’s Society shows…or too big. They have a six inch gap between their small wall quilts and their miniature quilts. It’s not a miniature anyway. It’s 26 x 35 inches. Not to worry, there are many other shows, including Houston, that believes that art quilts “of any size” are acceptable. And why shouldn’t they be. They take just as much effort.
Anyway, I love this little quilt with all its flaws. Here’s hoping I can get it into a few shows so some of you can see it in person. You should see the quilt at the top of this post and here’s a detail zoom:
Now I will turn to completing at least one of the books I have started. The one I am sure to finish first is 10 Projects to Help Master Bernina V7 Design Software. That title is way too long, so I’ll try to find something shorter. The next one will be on the different types of machine applique and which to choose for what purpose. I have a third one on surface design lightly outlined also, but let’s see if I can get the first one completed and somehow published.
I plan on blogging more often for a little while, and hopefully will get some feedback along the way. I love to hear from you. Sew happy everyone…takes some time to enjoy the spring, but also spend a little time creating.