Without going into it, I have been a little off my game the past couple of weeks because of minor foot-related and other health issues, but I’m back on my feet now and am getting better every day. I finally caught up with all the missing photos in Ricky Tim’s 52 Week photo challenge today. So while I was encouraged by my doctor to stay off my foot, I did a lot of planning for new quilts and even drew out some of the designs for several of them. I am very excited about the new quilts I have on my agenda, but I am questioning my sanity. 😀 😀 😀
Next Deep Space Quilt: I did a lot of mulling over of photos from NASA to determine my next deep space quilt and a couple of them convinced me that I will do a spiral galaxy quilt next. I have wanted to do one for some time, but the picture of the day that showed real detail convinced me this was my next quilt project after my current Waiting…2 quilt. I probably won’t make that particular spiral galaxy, but will choose one that shows the full spiral. Still, it is great to have such a nice detailed image for reference as I make it. I am planning on multiple videos and photos as I make this quilt to help me in developing a workshop and accompanying book. I will also be making small samples using my methods for this one.
Canterbury Bride: I have nearly completed the design work for this next in my Canterbury series quilts. This is likely to be my last Canterbury quilt, though not my last Ancient Manuscripts quilt. I will continue on with those until everyone is sick of seeing them…LOL…so I designed the border and the concept for an illuminated manuscript quilt of Adam Names the Animals. I love making these quilts.
So here are is my current list of potential quilts. These are not in order in by any stretch of the imagination:
- Waiting…2 Recast of the first storm at sea but woman has her daughter with her, borders are smaller or nonexistent (in process)
- Hoffman Challenge 16: Happy Forest Small whimsical quilt with embroidered animals and lots of appliqued butterflies, sequins, beads, just over the top…this is just for fun, but I will enter it if I finish in time.
- Deep Space 3: Starburst Spiral Spiral starburst Messier 94 3rd in deep space series. I have this one all worked out in my head on how to approach it. These never get drawn out before hand except a minimal placement guide directly on the fabric.
- Canterbury Bride 3rd in Canterbury Series..design nearly done.
- Ancient Manuscripts: Adam Names the Animals. Part of the series of ancient manuscript style quilts in silk, similar to Canterbury series…This one is Adam names the animals
- Ancient Manuscripts: Arthurian Legend 1…2…3…..LOL
- Japanese Ikebana quilt 2…follow-on to Kanazawa Memories.
- Waiting…3 Nurse waits at the airport for the return of her lover from war…the plane is coming in in the sky
- Ancient Manuscripts: Noah’s Ark. Part of the series of ancient manuscript style quilts in silk, similar to Canterbury series…This one is loading the ark with animals
- Japanese Ikebana quilt 3…Fan Dance By Moonlight revisited Japanese fans and flower arrangement for use with video workshop and manual
- Whole Cloth Contemporary whole cloth inspired by ancient quilt with dragon in the middle and Celtic symbols..done on silk with dramatic thread colors
- Jacob’s Ladder Jacob’s Ladder pictorial using Jacob’s Ladder traditional blocks for the ladder itself
- In Full Bloom Flower Applique/Embroidery laden quilt, from Beth’s photographs/Joint with Beth
- Heirloom Quilt Using Mom’s unfinished needlework and sepia pictures with traditional quilting, beads, crystals…crazy quilt blocks alternating with sepia pics.
- Swarkovski crystal music/Houston special Jazz 1920s, city with music coming from lit windows with silhouets, and rising and exploding into fireworks
- Marvin Memory quilt: Like a Tree Psalm 1 (Tree by river with words) with fabulous landscape work, the Psalm somehow incorporated in the quilting
- Dark Forest in 3D Dark, old, partially burned out forest with tall trees and beam of light making it through to floor of forest where the ruin of a church stands. The light shines through the window. The forest has owls, other birds, foxes, and other woodland creatures. This is a three dimensional
- SteamPunk Black textured fabrics and leather with gold, brass, and other metallic threads and fabrics
- Deep Space 4: Sky Elephant
- Fiery Volcanic Scene with Phoenix and Dragon fighting…full of fire and sparkles, showing a high degree of surface design work.
I know I’m a little crazy. I just don’t want to loose these ideas as they float by, so I do a lot of drawing and notations to try to keep them. I think I need a clone…LOL…but that wouldn’t be as much fun. I have no idea how many of these I will make, and I probably will make some not shown here too. It’s a good thing I’m retired!!!
Sew what do you think? Any favorites?