This is my 300th blog post here! Sew I thought it was a good time to talk about several things planned for the near future related to my little micro business.
I am rebuilding my website and will be adding a little shopping cart that I am planning to use just for downloadable files, such as workbooks, patterns, and other downloadable aids for sewing and quilting. I am almost done with the new website and hope to introduce it to you very soon. The shop will be added a little later.
Now the main website is different from my blog, just in case you are wondering. This blog will remain the same at least for some months. Eventually, I am hoping to move this over to the blog space that comes with my website upgrade, but I don’t want to lose my older blogs. If you haven’t done so for a while or ever, scroll back through my blogs. You have to do it by the month by going to the archives box and selecting the month. But you will find there are a lot of things you may find helpful in my blog archives.
Perhaps I will instead of moving the blogs, pull the more useful information from them and put them into a book or books with a bit of editing, and then start a totally new blog. What do you think? I would love to have your input on how to handle this.
In the meanwhile, I am still working on getting my videos going on YouTube. The first set of three or four videos on Wool Applique by Machine are nearly done and will be posted by the end of December. I have a long list of video subjects I am planning on developing. For this first set, there will be free handouts for download from here, but for the next of them there will be a mix of workbooks and patterns for a small cost from my main website shop I am setting up, and the occasional free downloads will still be from this blog.
Of course, all of this is centered around my continued quilted fabric art work (multi-use work..LOL). Once I get over the hump of setting all of this up, and I am almost there, then I will be able to go back to mostly sewing and quilting and designing, but just using a lot of it for my videos. It has been a bit of a bear getting it all set up, but I have had a great deal of help from my sons.
So 2021 looks to be really exciting for me and my studio, and I hope for all of my readers. Here is a little list of some of the subjects I am thinking about for the first half of 2021.
- Wool Applique by Machine Techniques Sampler
- Advanced Wool Applique Wall=hanging Project
- Cotton and silk applique techniques and when to use what technique
- Fabrics of several types and their properties when making fabric art
- Embellishment threads, ribbons, roving, beads, and findings with machine work and how to get the best results
- Free motion and in-the-hoop embroidery and using it well
- Start with a fabric panel and end with a piece of exquisite embellished fabric art
- Sit down longarm videos (free motion embroidery and quilting, using rulers, mixing things up)
- Bernina Q20 specific videos (short videos)
- Some Bernina V8 specific videos
- a bunch of really short technique videos.
- I am thinking about doing some real tailoring videos and workbooks. It’s something I know well and I think is something others would find interesting.
- and on and on…not much if anything about piecing. But there are a ton of piecing videos out there by real experts.
I don’t really know what I will do in what order. Part of the fun for me is moving through the things I know that I want to share by using the projects I want to work on myself. I don’t have deadlines, and I don’t plan on setting them, but I will let you know when they are ready to do.
Sew happy everyone!