I’m pretty happy with my overall design for this quilt now. Canterbury Silk is 36 x 44. This quilt ended up a little longer…still 36 wide, but 50 long. It was just the proportions needed for the design were a bit longer. Anyway, I turned the design into a black and white and got it printed on 11 x 17 inch sheets ready to tape together. I use Corel Draw for this. If you have the Bernina Software, that has a Corel Draw part of it that will do the same thing for you. Or if you don’t have either, your spreadsheet software will probably work. I know that Microsoft Excel works. You open a new document and place an image in the software and size it to the size you want. All these programs will automatically break up your document into tiles for printing on the paper size you specify. It’s a wonderful way to get a full sized pattern. Here is how it looks on the screen all ready to print in Corel:
Now that I have the completed design properly sized, I can measure the central block and all the pieces I need to work with further. I still need to paint the horse and face of the knight and print them on fabric. I may do that for the birds, too. Not sure. Anyway, I can start to actually make this quilt now. I love it when I get to this point.
Oh, you may want to see the finished design in color. I took the horns off the little musician fellow. That makes him more of a musician announcing the arrival of the knight and not such a jester.
Sew Happy Holidays everyone!